20051213: Public ADDE server stratus.al.noaa.gov (cont.)

>From: Eirh-Yu Hsie <address@hidden>

Hi Hsie,

re: XML file contents you sent previously
>The xml file I sent you is wrong.  The one in the system now seems correct.

OK.

re: to see if remote ADDE server is working, use DSINFO and IMGLIST
>You are correct.  I can list data from the above 2 commands.

Very good.

re: is 140.172.240.150 the current IP address for hail?

>That is the cuurent IP address.  Could you point a clinet to it and see
>you can get data out of it or not.

I tried to get listings off of this IP from my home machine.  I am
_unable_ to see the data:

DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES 140.172.240.150

DSINFO I RTIMAGES
    No Datasets found of Type: IMAGE in Group: RTIMAGES
DSINFO -- done

Because of the speed with which I get the failure message, I assume
that access to the machine from outside of your domain is being blocked
by a firewall configuration somewhere.