20051122: McIDAS ADDE access to NEXRCOMP imagery (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Shelly,

Well, I remembered that I had the 'root' password on metlab, so I
took the liberty of looking into why the regional satellite displays
were not working on the USF web page.  I found the problem in the
script:

/var/www/cgi-bin/gen_mcidas_sat_reg_ir.csh

In the script, 'MCDATA' was defined to be:

setenv MCDATA $MCHOME/mcidas2005/data

It should have been defined as:

setenv MCDATA $MCHOME/data

I changed this, and now the regional satellite display action works
from the USF web page!

'Nuf for now...  Please make sure to disable/protect the NLDN
lightning displays.

>From address@hidden  Wed Nov 23 07:19:02 2005

>Hi Tom!

>Wow! Thanks!! Let me say that again.... Wow!! Thanks!!! Thanks for all
>of your help - your time & your concern about the lightning data. The
>lightning data hasn't been working since late 2003... I emailed you a
>loooong time ago about getting it working and you thoughtfully sent me a
>full investigative report - but I was bogged down at the time, so I
>didn't correct it and then Arlene left at the end of 2003 (can you
believe how time flies?). Since that time - we've been busy moving
>buildings - rebuilding the lab and re-establishing the network and the
>weather station. Also looking for a replacement for the meteorology
>vacancy - and whew... we're finally rolling again.

>I have a nice young man named Bryce who is a computer science
>engineering student minoring in Geography (we can hardly believe our
>luck) helping us. He and I will work on getting the apache authorization
>ironed out for only USF IP access before we get the lightning data
>working.

>The past 3 years have only had a map with no data on it. I do understand
>the rules and the importance of safe guarding this data. I understand it
>is proprietary data and I assure you - no one has accessed that data
>(even us because I've been spending energy in other areas). I hope you
>weren't awake last night - staring at the ceiling and worrying that the
>whole unidata chain will be compromised. I feel terrible that I caused
>you even a moment of worry or concern. Your help has been immeasurable
>over the years (along with the rest of you @ unidata).

>Ok so that's more than you needed to know, but your help in all of this
>will help to grow our whole weather program. So I just wanted to let
>your brain off the hook - we'll get that fixed ASAP. Reading over all of
>the things you had changed - I could not have rectified it all without
>your help. So again, thanks so much. Have a great holiday and I'm sure
>I'll be bugging you guys again all too soon! xoxo,

s.