20051110: 20051005: 20051005: Novra S75 Receiver lost Lock on Signal

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Hi Randy,

re:
>I have checked our two machines and the procedures had already been
>performed.

I assume that you checked for each user that could be running one or
more scripts?

>I re did the procedure again this morning. Can you check again?

OK, checking...

wx1sleet.west.tasc.com last requested a NEXRCOMP/10KRCM-NAT product
at 13:53:02 GMT today.  The current time is 'Thu Nov 10 13:57:49 GMT 2005'

not-assigned.west.tasc.com (147.81.139.61) last requested a NEXRCOMP/10KRCM-NAT
product at 13:25:56 GMT today.

>One of the machines is running all the time and displaying products on a
>screen. They have been running for several months. Should I kill these
>processes and restart them?

How are the images trasferred?  What I mean is there an IMGCOPY or
IMGDISP in a loop that never exits, or is there a process that is kicked
off periodically by cron?  I would have thought that the 'DATALOC HOST'
would have worked in either case.

One other thought:  if the user running the IMG* has its MCTABLE_WRITE
setup to be a file that is NOT the first one listed in its MCTABLE_READ,
then doing a DATALOC HOST would not change the IP address used if the
client routing tables listed before the $MCTABLE_WRITE one pointed
to the old machine.  This is complicated, so I will give an example:

with:

MCTABLE_WRITE=/home/mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT

and:

MCTABLE_READ='/home/mcidas/workdata/MCTABLE.TXT;/home/mcidas/data/ADDESITE.TXT'

if /home/mcidas/workdata/MCTABLE.TXT has an entry for NEXRCOMP that
points to adde.ucar.edu, and if it further has an entry with the old IP
address of that machine, then you running DATALOC HOST will have no
effect.  In this case the best thing to do is to:

- identify the list of client routing tables contained in your MCTABLE_READ

- edit all of them by hand and change any reference to the old IP address
  of adde.ucar.edu to the new one:

  Change:

  HOST_ADDE.UCAR.EDU=128.117.15.119

  to: