20051031: Mcidas2005 on FreeBSD 5.4

>From: Brendon Hoch <address@hidden>

Hi Brendon,

>Trying to build mcidas2005 on storm.plymouth.edu.  OS=FreeBSD5.4

I had problems building McIDAS on FreeBSD 5.3 previously, and
I don't remember exactly what I had to get things to work.

>Make
>logs indicate something getting hung up on HDF (see attached makelog)
>Give me a ring if you want mcidas password to log in and poke around.

I will want to get login information from you since we don't currently
have a FreeBSD 5.x machine in house.  This will have to happen sometime
tomorrow.

BTW, one thing I think is telling in the listing you sent comes
from the HDF configure output:

>checking for config freebsd5.4... no
>checking for config freebsd... found

Looks like FreeBSD 5.x might need a config file in the HDF subdirectory.

The actual error looks more serious:

>checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
>configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
>See `config.log' for more details.

Can you send the config.log file?  Actually, if I get the logon
for 'mcidas', I can better look at the file myself.

I can either call you tomorrow, or you can send me an email to
my private account (address@hidden) that includes _ONLY_
the password (no machine name, no user name, etc.).