20051031: McIDAS-related problems (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Hi Mekonnen,

re:
>This is a reminder that I am eagerly waiting for your response.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  I was out of town
the end of last week through the weekend and had meetings for most
of the day today.

From address@hidden  Wed Oct 26 21: 28:30 2005

re:
>Mcidas is now working perfectly. I have some more questions as usual.
>
>(1) How can I obtain the time information for each pixel?
>For example, when I did IMGLIST, it gave me only one time information.
>This time information corresponds to what location? FYI, the image has 226
>x 464 pixels.

Are you talking about geostationary imagery or imagery from polar
orbiters?

IMGLIST can list out two times for geostationary satellite imagery:

- nominal time
- time of the start of the scan

The start time for the image is listed when you include the FORM=ALL
keyword sequence on the invocation command line.

The only way to get the time of any pixel is to calculate it knowing
the scan start time and the scan rate.  I will need to check with
the folks at SSEC to find out where this information is available
in images.

>(2) The result of my analysis would be one map (which has the same lat/lon
>with the GOES datafiles that I downloaded).

Do you mean that you want to have a file that contains the time of each
pixel in the image?  Is this what you are referring to as a 'map'
in:

>I will create this map in ASCII.

>Is there a way to use this ASCII file, together with the lat/lon
>ascii files, in MciDAS and produce a map? Or is it better to do it in
>other software?

Maybe I'm being dense, but I am not really sure what you are looking to
create.  Can you explain this to me a little more?

>Thank you very much for your remarkable help,

Again, I apologize for not getting to your email before now.