20050831: Modis bowtie correction

>From: "Oana" <address@hidden>

Hi Oana,

>How are you?

I am well, thank you.  How are you?

>I am working hard on McIDAS because we (me and Alina) will be teachers for a
>McIDAS course at our Meteorology School soon. I don't know the date yet.

Wow!  I hope you paid attention in the workshop ;-) (and that the
workshop was comprehensive enough!!).

>So, I have a question for you, of course: is it possible to make a bowtie
>correction for MODIS data using McIDAS? Or, if is not how can I do that,
>taking into account the fact that my MODIS data is in McIDAS format?

The only "correction" you can make would be to remap the image into
a different projection using IMGREMAP.  Other than that, I don't think
that there is any specific corrections that can be made.

Please let me know exactly what you would like to do so that I research
possible solutions.

>And something else, for my SunOS MSGSAF 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc
>SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise, the McIDAS installation worked with DEBUG = -64 flag
>in mcidas2005/src/Makefile.

OK.  This is good to know.