20050617: output of TEMP values in AXFORM (cont.)

>From: "Mekonnen Gebremichael" <address@hidden>

Hi Mekonnen,

>(1) I downloaded GOES IR data from the CLASS website (since my study area is
>US, I think this is more helpful than the composite data I have been
>analyzing so far).

OK.

>So I downloaded the data in 'AREA' format, and put them
>at '/disk/space/mek11/USdata/GOES'.

Sounds good.

>I did (i) desserve, (2) impcopy, and (3)
>axform. But when I looked at the data, the lower array of each datafile is
>zeroes. Could you look at this if there is something wrong?

Did you look at the image data before doing the IMGCOPY?  What dataset
are you using to access the files you downloaded from the CLASS website
(there are logs of ADDE dataset definitions in your account now)?

>(2) Thanks for you comment on the script. I have attached the script that I
>am planning to run for these datafiles, could you check if the script looks
>okay to you?

OK.

>(3) Where can I find the time information for these datafiles?

The time information?  If you mean the time of the images, an IMGLIST
will list out that information.

As soon as I know which dataset to use, I will jump on and check out
the images.

>Thanks much,

No worries.

  #!/bin/ksh

  #=====================================================
  # THESE ENV. VAR. ARE COPIED from TOM with slight modification
  #=====================================================
  SHELL=bin/ksh
  export SHELL
  #
  # First, define MCHOME as the HOME directory for the user under which
  # McIDAS-X is installed.
  #
  MCHOME=/home/mcidas
  MCDATA=$HOME/mcidas/data
  # Set MCPATH using MCDATA and MCHOME
  MCPATH=${MCDATA}:$MCHOME/data:$MCHOME/help
  # Define MCLOG to be $MCDATA/mcbatch.log
  MCLOG=$MCDATA/mcbatch.log
  # Setup PATH so that the McIDAS-X executables can be found
  PATH=$MCHOME/bin:$PATH
  # Set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include all directories (other than those searched
  # by default) that are needed to be searched to find shared libraries.
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MCHOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  if [ -f "${MCDATA}/MCTABLE.TXT" ]; then
    MCTABLE_READ="${MCDATA}/MCTABLE.TXT;${MCHOME}/data/ADDESITE.TXT"
  else
    MCTABLE_READ="${MCHOME}/data/ADDESITE.TXT"
  fi
  export MCHOME MCDATA MCLOG MCPATH PATH MCTABLE_READ LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  cd $MCDATA

  #============================================================
  # PROCESSING THE DATA FILES
  #============================================================

  home0=/disk/space/mek11/USdata/GOES
  cd $home0
  data=$(ls A*)
  y=1
  for file in $data
  do
     imgcopy.k TEST1/AREA.$y MYDATA/IMAGES.3000
     axform.k 3000 testout$y FTYPE=ASC NAV=YES UNIT=TEMP
     let y=y+1
  done

This looks good, although it seems to me that you are missing the
closing statement for the 'for' loop.