20050614: POES data from UNIDATA IDD (cont.)

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

re: rectifying image with IMGREMAP
>>Yup :-)  The image can be rectified with an IMGREMAP, but you
>>will lose information.

>Will I lose resolution becasue IMGREMAP is limited to 1 km pixels? i.e.
>I can't specify RES=0.250

No.  What I had in mind was remapping into a different projection where
North was "up".  The transformation in such a case will not be 1-to-1
so there will be an interpolation of values which, in turn, means
that you will lose information.