20050509: could not get the McIDAS shell programs (cont.)

>From: "Mekonnen Gebremichael" <address@hidden>

Hi Mekonnen,

I have just returned from travel and am catching up on email.

>Thank u for your helpful reply.

No worries.

>I did as you suggested:
>DSSERVE ADD TEST/IMAGES AREA
>DIRFILE=/mek11/sagres_home/GOESdata/globdir.02182.0015 "Test GOES IR image
>
>However, when I executed the command
>IMGLIST TEST/IMAGES
>
>I found the error message 'No images satisfy the selection criteria'. I
>checked the readme file (I have attached it herewith), and it says the
>dataset is in 'image' format. So what could have gone wrong with this?

I looked through the README you attached and see:

  "Each file contains one day's data which consists of 48 images. Each
  image is created from 4 (GMS, GOES-East, GOES-West, and Meteosat)
  composited and remapped McIDAS areas."

So, it appears that the file you have contains multiple images in AREA
format.  If this is really the case, it is understandable that the ADDE
access to the data did not work.

So, the question now is how the multiple images are packed into the
file?  Would it be possible for you to make one or two of these files
available to me so I can take a look?  Thanks.

Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8643                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support  <