20041116: Unidata McIDAS - Download

>From: "Graziano Giuliani" <address@hidden>

Hi Graziano,

I apologize for not being able to get back to you on your inquiry
before now, but I am on travel in locations where Internet connectivity
is not as easy as I would like.

>Institution: CNR IBIMET - LaMMA Regione Toscana / Ocean Modeling
>Package Version: v2004x
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: i386
>Inquiry: Am I entitled to download this package?
>Is CNR Italy eligible as Scientific research institute?

I took a brief look at your web site before leaving on travel and was
not sure if your organization qualifies as a site that our McIDAS
license allows: the educational entities that we typically make McIDAS
available to are degree granting institutions, and I am not sure if the
CNR grants degrees or not.  Because of this, and since I am still on
travel and will not be back in my office until November 26, I am CCing
the McIDAS Users Group (MUG) at the Space Science and Engineering
Center (SSEC) of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  The SSEC is the
entity that licenses us to distribute McIDAS, so they are the best
source of information for who we are allowed to distribute McIDAS.

Once again, let me apologize for not being able to get back to you
on this matter before now.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Tue Nov 16 16:27:35 2004
>Date:    Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:27:29 CST
>To:      Unidata Support <address@hidden>,
>         Graziano Giuliani <address@hidden>
>cc:      Dee Wade <address@hidden>, address@hidden

Hello,

Different groups from CNR have been MUG members through SSEC (on and
off) for several years.

From what I know about CNR
http://www.cnr.it/sitocnr/Englishversion/AboutCNR.html
it does not fit the Unidata site model as a University.

The MUG (McIDAS Users'Group) currently has one MUG member at IMAA and
until January also had a MUG site at ISAC. We are currently working
with different folks at ISAC about rejoining the MUG.  Mr iuliani if
you would like more information  about McIDAS and the MUG please feel
free to contact me.

Regards,
Dee Wade