20040702: link errors using Sun vendor F77 and cc (cont.)

>From: Patrick Dills <address@hidden>

Hi Patrick,

re: setting environment variables for building McIDAS
>Indeed, you may be right about the environment variables, and yes I would
>be most interested in walking thru a 'make' process with you.  I need to
>take some notes.

OK.

>I just received modified kbxmsg.dlm and nvxmsg.dlm modules from
>colleagues at EUMETSAT (Marianne Koenig and Jochen Kerkmann) I'm working
>with to read MSG data, and it looks like I will need to re-run thru
>the "mcidas make" and "install" process...ughh.

Marianne is a good friend of mine!

>I would also just like to be able recompile some of my own source that
>should be a bit more straightforward.  Sounds like time to abandon fx.sh.

I think that the best thing to do is setup a build environment that
would allow you to (re)build the distribution/your additions to the
distribution by simply running 'make'.

>I will be in my office after 2:00 this afternoon if you are available??

I will be available from 2 until about 4.  After that, I have a pressing
engagement (Friday Beers :-).  Please give me a call when you get back
to your office.

>many thanks Tom,

No worries.