20040317: Satellite movies with FLEXPART CO tracer - July 2003

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

The Quicktime movies are way cool!  Thanks for sharing your work!!
Given the size of the movies, it is a good thing that we have
semi-unlimited bandwidth ;-)

>In anticipation of this summer's field study, I have made several movies
>showing infrared satellite imagery stretching from California to Germany
>during the CONTRACE campaign that was conducted over Europe between June
>26 and July 25, 2003.  The movies also show contours of FLEXPART CO
>tracer (provided by Caroline Forster and Andreas Stohl) for North
>American and European emissions.
>The movies give an idea of the type of weather systems that we may
>encounter this summer and the manner in which they export pollution
>from  North America and Europe (see attached sample image of N. American
>CO tracer between 0 and 3 km).
>
>If you would like to see the movies you can download them from:
>
>http://www.al.noaa.gov/WWWHD/ALData/satellite/contrace2003/default.html
>scroll down to the heading "Quicktime movies"
>
>If you have Quicktime installed on your machine the movies should play
>as soon as they download (each movie is 45 Mb).
>If you don't have Quicktime you can easily download and install the
>software from:
>http://www.apple.com/quicktime/products/qt/
>
>Andreas and I plan to provide these products in near-realtime during the
>summer study.
>
>Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the movies and let
>me know if you have any questions.
>All the best,
>Owen
>
>--
>Owen R. Cooper
>Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
>University of Colorado/NOAA Aeronomy Laboratory
>
>NOAA Aeronomy Laboratory, R/AL4
>325 Broadway
>Boulder CO 80305
>ph:  (303) 497-3599
>fax: (303) 497-5686

>From address@hidden  Fri Mar 19 15:25:11 2004

Hi Tom,

Glad you like the movies!
And thank you for your assistance last year helping me read the trace
gas data into Mcidas format.
These products will become standard output for me here at the lab and I
think they'll be very useful for me
and others looking at pollution transport.

All the best,

Owen