20040224: McIDAS Question and LDM upgrade (cont.)

>From: Richard Massa <address@hidden>

Richard,

>Our LDM server died...  A new one is being shipped.  We'll definitely use the
>newest version.

Super, thanks!

>You know... I'm not even sure that la.k is what this professor wants.  He has
>an archived data set of 30 or so images which are named AREA70xx and he wants
>to display them, create animations, etc from the command mode.

The professor will need to become familar with:

DSSERVE - create an ADDE dataset
DSINFO  - list out information about an ADDE dataset
DATALOC - point at a named sever for access to an ADDE dataset
IMGLIST - list out information for images in an ADDE dataset
IMGDISP - display images from an ADDE dataset
LB      - define a loop from consecutive frames
LS      - define a loop from random frames
DR      - define the dwell rates for frames in a loop
TERM    - control program:  TERM L ON  -> turn looping on
                            TERM L OFF -> turn looping off
EU      - restore, save, create image enhancements

That's a start anyway.  The Learning Guide is the place to go to
learn about all of these commands in a hurry.