20040126: application for calculating sun and satellite angles (cont.)

>From:  "Miguel A. Martinez" <address@hidden>

Hola Miguel,

>In order to calculate zenith angles for radiative transfer studies(I
>work with the radiative transfer model RTTOV for MSG, MODIS and GOES
>satellites), I have used the NAVCALC command.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

>There is a mode you can obtain the zenith or view angle for a sector or
>all image (read the help).
>The output of NAVCALC command is ASCII; with some UNIX command (grep,
>..) you can filter the header and tailer.
>Once you have the data, then I had converted to AREA using a procedure
>(PV-WAVE or IDL) that creates it with the data.

OK.  Melanie will probably end up doing something similar.

>Also, we have internal program (from another people) to calculate the
>sun angle.

If it is not too much bother, can you send along the internal program
and supporting modules?

>If you need more information on zenith angle can mail to me.

Your help is greatly appreciated!