20040109: one more thing at stc (cont.)

>From: "Anderson, Alan C. " <address@hidden>

Alan,

>Just thought I would note that I do not see the instruction for
>running TE XCDDATA " path name    as part of the online docs.
>
>I expected it would be in the section for Configuring the User
>Acct,  Defining Data File Access,  just ahead of the stuff
>for LSSERVE.BAT.

I just looked and you are absolutely correct.  This is an omission on
my part for which I apologize.

>It is included as part of the Configuration for the user mcidas.

Yup.  I should have included it in the setting up user accounts section
as well.  One question, however.  I note in the setting up user
accounts section that the non-mcidas user does not need to setup ADDE
dataset definitions if the user 'mcidas' has already done so.  I have
always thought that it would be much easier to keep all of the
configuration activities confined to the 'mcidas' account so that all
other users don't have to do the setup.  All they have to do is
correctly define Unix environment variables and they are ready to go.

>Thanks again.

Sorry for the snafu on the LSSERVE.BAT for non-mcidas users.  I am
correcting the documentation right now.