20040105: Unidata McIDAS-X Version 2003 at NIU (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: why did you run BATCH files
>Oh, I thought this was to add *everything*, not just surface data. Somehow
>I saw McIDAS data in there, or thought I did. I assume it harmed nothing
>to run those again...

It should do no harm running these again.

re: ADDE server setup at NIU
>Can you verify that I didn't munge everything from your end?

I just tried to list/load images off of weather3, and it is not working:

DATALOC LIST RTIMAGES

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTIMAGES                     WEATHER3.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

IMGLIST RTIMAGES/GE-IR
Image file directory listing for:RTIMAGES/GE-IR
IMGLIST: No images satisfy the selection criteria
IMGLIST: done
IMGLIST failed, RC=2

The same thing holds for weather2:

DATALOC ADD RTIMAGES WEATHER2.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

Group Name                    Server IP Address
--------------------         ----------------------------------------
RTIMAGES                     WEATHER2.ADMIN.NIU.EDU

<LOCAL-DATA> indicates that data will be accessed from the local data directory.
DATALOC -- done

IMGLIST RTIMAGES/GE-IR
Image file directory listing for:RTIMAGES/GE-IR
IMGLIST: No images satisfy the selection criteria
IMGLIST: done
IMGLIST failed, RC=2

So, it looks like something is wrong.

re: build speed tests
>I *was* ingesting LDM stuff when you did it, correct?

Yes.

>If not, then I have no clue why it took 6:30.

This is not a bad time, just not the best :-)

Tom