20031223: wrtext (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>Yes...wrtext.for exists in the src directory. it is a UW program written in
>1997.

wrtext.for is a subroutine, not a program file.  I was assuming that
you would have a '.pgm' or '.c' file whose basename is wrtext that
would get built into a '.k' executable from an action in the McIDAS
makefile.  I just looked through the Unidata McIDAS-X v2002x makefile
and don't see any action that would create an executable named
wrtext.k.

The only thing I can offer in the way of advice at this point is to
ask you to compare the timestamp on your wrtext.k executable with the
timestamp on the rest of the v2002 executables.  If it is much older
than the rest, it is most likely a holdover from an older distribution
or a site developed program.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tom