20031112: Access to Unidata McIDAS-X

>From: Aaron Cline <address@hidden>

Hi Aaron,

>I was in the workshop in Boulder last week.

Yup, my memory is not that bad ... yet ;-)

>I work for Weathernews
>Americas, INC. and I believe that Dee Wade of the SSEC called you on my
>behalf.

I had an exchange with Dee.

>I would like to use the Unidata McIDAS distribution on one of
>our servers if that is acceptable.  We are a paid member of the MUG
>group at SSEC.

Yes, that is acceptable.  As I pointed out while you were here in Boulder,
you can use the Unidata McIDAS distribution as long as you are a paid
member of the MUG.

What you need to do to get the Unidata McIDAS distribution is:

- go to the Unidata homepage: my.unidata.ucar.edu
- register as a user
- try to grab McIDAS; you will fail since your organization is not one
  of those that is automatically allowed access.

On the page where you are denied access to the distribution, you will
be given a message to the effect that if you feel that you should be
allowed access to the package, then contact the folks that run the
Unidata web portal.  Send the indicated email.  I will then be contacted
and asked if you should be allowed, and I will say yes.  An email will
then be sent back to you after our exception list is updated, and
you can then download the distribution through the web.

I know that the above is a "pain", but...

>Thank you for your time.

No worries.

>From address@hidden Wed Nov 12 22:48:39 2003

Tom: