20031107: gzip

>From:  Salottolo Greg <address@hidden>

Hi Greg,

>Do your servers support the McIDAS MCCOMPRESS=gzip?

The servers I have upgraded to v2003 _should_ support gzip transfers,
but I havn't tested them yet, so I don't want to say for sure that they
will work correctly.  I have been totally consumed the past couple of
months, so I have not had time to do the tests.  I didn't worry about
this too much since existing users are using the compress transfer
method which works fine.

I will attempt to get to the testing of gzip transfers right after
finishing the McIDAS training workshop that I am hosting now.

>From address@hidden Fri Nov  7 07:05:43 2003

Thanks Tom .... Have a good weekend ..