20031007: McIDAS - SGI IRIX - EXIT command from BATCH file (cont.)

>From: "Sippel, Jason Allen" <address@hidden>

Jason,

>I have followed the below instructions, but am still having one problem with
>running the mcbatch.sh script.
>
>Everything runs fine, but when the script exits, it does not remove the
>temporary files from the .mctmp directory.

Are you sure that the temporary directories in ~/.mctmp that are being
created by the script are not being removed?  Since it is possible that
some other invocation is not removing them instead of the mcbatch.sh
script, I just want to make sure that you are positive that the ones
being left are from the script.

>I have noclobber set in my .cshrc file, and I tried unalias rm from the
>parent script, but that didn't seem to work.Can you pinpoint the source of
>this problem - and how to work around the noclobber setting if that indeed
>is the problem?

I just ran mcbatch.sh on our SGI IRIX 6.5 machine:

IRIX chevy 6.5 04091957 IP22

several times and do not see ~/.mctmp directories linger after the end
of the shell script.  To try and replicate your environment, I set
noclobber in my .cshrc file and add an alias for 'rm':

set noclobber
alias rm '/bin/rm -i'

mybatch.sh TESTIT.BAT

The BATCH file I ran, TESTIT.BAT, is simple, but it the problem you are
seeing shouldn't matter what is in the batch file.  Here is the
contents of TESTIT.BAT:

DATALOC LIST
DSINFO I RTIMAGES
IMGLIST RTIMAGES/GE-IR.ALL

In order to help me see if I can replicate your problem, can you send me:

- output from 'uname -a'
- the contents of your .cshrc file
- a full listing of the McIDAS BATCH file you are running

I am concerned that your problem may be related to the extremely old
version of McIDAS you are running (v7.1).

Tom