20030829: HDF and McIDAS

>From: "J.Enrique Coen" <address@hidden>

Enrique,

>We need to ingest HRPT data stored in files with HDF format on a McIdas
>system, but I cannot find a function on our McIDAS to do so. Can you help ?

McIDAS contains an ADDE server for MODIS data stored in HDF-EOS
format and point data stored in HDF-EOS format.

Is your HRPT data is in HDF-EOS format?  If not, the server is very
unlikely to work.

>Best regards,

Please let me know if your data is in HDF-EOS format.  If it is, I
can help you setup at dataset to look at the data.

The other group you may want to contact is the McIDAS User's Group
(MUG) <address@hidden>.  They support McIDAS users that are
members of MUG, and they have a lot more experience in accessing
satellite imagery in HDF-EOS format than I do.

>Enrique
>--
>* o__       *Enrique Coen, Departamento de Fisica, P.O. Box 86 -3000 *
>* _;>/-     *UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL, Heredia, Costa Rica               *
>*( ) \( )   *email: address@hidden phone/fax (506) 260-1197         *
>*~~~~~~~~   *http://www.una.ac.cr/u/ecoen voice (506)277-3347        *
>LABORATORIO DE OCEANOGRAFIA Y MANEJO COSTERO, UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas