20030821: Weather2.admin.niu.edu ADDE server (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Hi Gilbert,

>> Looks like things are working nicely again.
>Good! I have no clue why those entries disappeared.

I do. They disappeared when you upgraded the OS.

>I see my LDM entry has
>disappeared too. Hmmm. But then again, that is not needed anymore, right?

It is a still good idea to have the LDM entry in /etc/services.

re: upgrading McIDAS
>Well, I do need to take a look at it. I did have time to update the
>decoders, so those are installed; I think I remembered how to do it from
>last time and they should be working...I see no errors, anyway. Also, I am
>awaiting my new machines from my grant. I'm not sure I want to do this if
>in a month I will be ordering my new computers for the ADDE and the new
>THREDDS server.

OK, I understand.  Too bad there are not more hours in the day :-)

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Aug 21 10:44:48 2003

re: This is one of the prices one pays for being on the bleeding edge of
Linux OS installs ;-)

>OK, OK. Hey, I actually waited 3 weeks after it came out before I
>installed it! OK, so what if it was because I couldn't get through to a
>mirror site... :-)

re: It is a still good idea to have the LDM entry in /etc/services.

>Done!

re: timeframe for upgrading McIDAS

E-mail: address@hidden                                               ***