20030508: McIDAS installation at UFRJ (cont.)

>From:  David Garrana Coelho <address@hidden>

Hi David,

re: umask

>Just made mcadde shell=/sbin/nologin, tested is with "su - mcadde"
>from root account and it seems to be working as intended now.

Sounds good.

>Current umask for ldm and mcidas accounts is 0002. Its the same
>thing as 002 ? If not, what I need to do make the change permanent?

According to the man page for umask (on Sun Solaris), a value of 002 is
the same as 0002:

EXAMPLES
     Either of the commands:
          umask a=rx,ug+w
          umask 002
     sets the mode mask so that subsequently created  files  have
     their S_IWOTH bit cleared.

     After setting the mode mask with either of  the  above  com-
     mands,  the  umask  command can be used to write the current
     value of the mode mask:
         $ umask
         0002

>From: David Garrana Coelho <address@hidden>
>Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 17:26:43 -0300 (BRT)

>       Just FYI, we just had a power interruption here, some routers
>shuted down, but the back already, apparently.

OK.  I just checked and see that data is still rolling into brisa, so
it looks like this router hiccup did not do anything detrimental to the
LDM.

I am sorry that I did not have a chance to do much work on brisa
today.  I got sidetracked with problems on another user's system, and
some internal stuff here at Unidata.  I may try to get some satellite
image sectors created tonight, but it is more likely that this will
happen tomorrow or this weekend.  FYI, I will probably setup the cron
entries to run out of the 'ldm' account and not 'mcidas'.  The reason
for this is my intention of injecting the sectors into the LDM queue
for redistribution.  It is just easier to do this all from the 'ldm'
account.