20030417: McIDAS XCD/ADDE setup at UQAM (cont.)

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

Christian,

>Thanks for the enlightening explanations. I have two more questions :
>
>1- My SYSVAL 900 is set to M, but mcgui always wants to display in
>american units.

I have been less than thorough in using SYSVAL 900 to set the unit
display in the applications run from the MCGUI.  I will add this
to my list of things to attend to.

>2- When running the SSEC GUI, the window never stops to rearrange
>itself (small changes in window size in an almost infinite loop). It is
>a problem with my TCL-TK version (8.3)?

The version of Tcl/Tk that is used by McIDAS is the one that is
distributed with it.  If you grabbed v2002 early (like in August)
and then updated it with my addenda, then you will be using Tcl/Tk
version 8.0.4.  If you grabbed the full distribution recently
(i.e., at addenda v2002b), you will be using Tcl/Tk version 8.4.1.

As to the resizing issue, I have never experienced this one before,
but, then again, I do most of my testing on Solaris, Linux, and
OSF/1.  Not a good answer, I know, but it is the best I can offer.
I will have to try and recreate the SSEC GUI problem on one of our
IRIX machines and get back to you.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Apr 17 07:08:50 2003

Hi Tom,

>> 1- My SYSVAL 900 is set to M, but mcgui always wants to display in
>> american units.
>
> I have been less than thorough in using SYSVAL 900 to set the unit
> display in the applications run from the MCGUI.  I will add this
> to my list of things to attend to.

Thanks!

>> 2- When running the SSEC GUI, the window never stops to rearrange
>> itself (small changes in window size in an almost infinite loop). It
>> is
>> a problem with my TCL-TK version (8.3)?
>
> The version of Tcl/Tk that is used by McIDAS is the one that is
> distributed with it.  If you grabbed v2002 early (like in August)
> and then updated it with my addenda, then you will be using Tcl/Tk
> version 8.0.4.  If you grabbed the full distribution recently
> (i.e., at addenda v2002b), you will be using Tcl/Tk version 8.4.1.

Ok. I used the addenda so it was using 8.0.4.

> As to the resizing issue, I have never experienced this one before,
> but, then again, I do most of my testing on Solaris, Linux, and
> OSF/1.  Not a good answer, I know, but it is the best I can offer.
> I will have to try and recreate the SSEC GUI problem on one of our
> IRIX machines and get back to you.

I am displaying on OS X running XFree86 4.3 though... I don't know if
this is only a problem on the display part.

Christian Pagé
address@hidden
http://meteocentre.com/    http://meteoalerte.com/

Etudiant au Doctorat en Sciences de l'environnement UQAM
+1 514 987 3000 ext. 2376