20030111: 20030110: McIDAS IMGREMAP failure from Perl script

>From: "Paul L. Sirvatka" <address@hidden>

Paul,

re: cp doesn't work

>Not sure what happened but I think that this problem has been fixed. Not
>sure why it was there in the first place...

re: Is it writable by the user 'ldm'?

>It should be. I changed it to 777 for now...it is rw by owner and
>group...does it need to be permittable to execute?

The directory will have to have execute permission so that files can
be written, but the files themselves do not need execute permission.

re: Is the alias 'SAT' known in the environment you are trying to run the
script in?  If not, this may be your problem.

>I think it is.

This is important.  If the alias is not recognized, McIDAS will not be
able to figure out the full dataset that is to be written.

re: Does 'ldm' have write permission in the $MCHOME/workdata

>Yes.

OK.

re: suspect permission problems

>It might be something subtle that I am overlooking...

re: login to poke around

>That would be great. Login to climate.cod.edu as user mcidas. Password is
>what it is on weather. write me again if you do not know it.

I am unable to ssh/telnet/rlogin to either weather.cod.edu or climate.cod.edu.
I suspect that access from non-COD machines is being blocked.

>The scripts are in /home/mcidas/scripts

OK.

>nexkickoff is run when the image comes in...
>
>The time command works on the image...on the web page,
>http://weather.cod.edu/analysis/analysis.rgnlsat.html

I am uncertain about what you mean by the "time command".

>The USA images (which is not remapped) works...the time on the other
>regional radar images does not work even though the time on it is fine!

OK.

>Hope you can help!

I will try when I can get onto climate.

Tom