20021206: trce file created in McIDAS-X v2002a

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>Everytime a run a mcidas MCBASI script from the crontab i get a trce file.

I thought I sent you the reason and fix for this in a previous email.
Sorry if I didn't.  See below.

>This file keeps getting appended to until it blows our disk. This only
>started after we installed the latest version of mcidas. Do you have an
>explanation or can you tell me how to turn this off.

The problem was introduced at SSEC in v2002 but removed in their
first addendum.  My first and only addendum was cut before the SSEC
v2002a addendum, so it did not contain the fix.

Here is what to do:

<as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas2002/src

edit imgremap.pgm and remove the following lines:

c --- add TRACE=1
      ndirsorts = ndirsorts + 1
      dirsorts(ndirsorts) = 'TRACE=1'

and then rebuild and reinstall imgremap.k:

make imgremap.k
rm ~/bin/imgremap.k
ln imgremap.k ~/bin

The imgremap.pgm fix will be in my next addendum.

Tom