20021126: Unidata gribdec.tar.Z bundle (cont.)

>From: "HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM)" <address@hidden>

Brian,

>Is there ANYONE there who might have time to look at the gribdec decoder?

Unfortunately, the only person here that does McIDAS support is me.

>We're noticing that using GRIBDEC even on the 1x1 AVN GRIB data is giving us
>"funky" results?  What I mean is that when doing some GRDDISPs of the
>resultant GRIDs, we're getting plots that don't seem atmospherically correct
>when comparing them with real time weather and with other models?  I can put
>an example GRDDISP out on the web if that would help?

It would help if you gave me access to:

o the grib file(s) that you are decoding
o where you got the grib file(s) (you sent me this before, but this would
  speed the work)
o the environment in which you build/run gribdec.k (e.g. platform, OS, compiler
  versions, etc.)
o an example plot or two of fields that are "funky"

I will then build gribdec.k linking against the Undiata v2002a+ distribution
of McIDAS and decode into GRID files and verify your results.

>Please let me know if anybody will have time to help me with this.

I will try to get to this today.

>P.S. - Happy Turkey Day!

You too.

Tom