20021125: DMSYN takes over CPU (cont.)

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

Robert,

re: DMSYN
>Hmm...that must have happened before my time here.  I don't know of any
>issue with dmsyn that we are currently having..this must have happened
>prior to Oct. 2000 (my arrival here).

The inquiry is interesting.  The recorded date is as you suspected:
02-AUG-2000 10:20.  The assigned date, however, is recent: 24-JUN-2002.
I wondered about that when I found the inquiry in Saturday.

>At that time we would have been
>running Solaris 2.6 SPARC on a Sun E10000 using the Sun compilers,
>either 4.2 or 5.0 (probably still 4.2).

OK.  I have never seen the problem under Solaris.  In fact, I never
knew about the problem until Gilbert upgraded to RH 8.0 Linux.  Fearing
that the Linux folks would soon be jumping to the "latest and greatest"
(sic), I decided that I needed to figure this one out sooner than later.

I will be cutting a v2002b release coming up.  This needs
to be soon since I was just reminded that a problem that dates back
to SSEC's v2002 release is still in my distribution (IMGREMAP always
produces a 'trce' file).  A couple of days ago, I found a problem
with WWDISP that surfaced on TASC's OSF/1 machine.

Thanks fo the quick reply.

Tom