20021119: Corrupt ROUTE.SYS and ROUTE PostProcess BATCH files (cont.)

>From: Angel Li <address@hidden>

Angel,

>You can log in to our ldm machine, sapodilla.rsmas.miami.edu as either
>ldm or mcidas.

Thanks, this will make troubleshooting much easier.

>I feel like we went thru this exercise two years go,

We did.

>in fact, I went back to thru my
>archived mail and you converted the GE-IR and GE-VIS scripts to ADDE
>back then.

Right.

>Thanks a bunch, I'm really stumped right now.

OK, I logged on and see that McIDAS environment variables in shell
scripts used to run McIDAS things in the 'ldm' account have been setup
in a non-standard way.  Instead of me trying to sort through all of the
potential problems that can occur from this setup, I propose to change
the setup to match the recommendations I make in my McIDAS web pages.
By doing this, I believe that upgrades and recoveries from problems
will be easier in the future.  I don't want to make any of these
changes, however, until you give me the go ahead.

Tom