20021030: Setting up LDM for McIDAS-XCD (cont.)

>From: Richard Massa <address@hidden>

Richard,

>So I'm seeing high cpu usage by dmsyn.k and the following message is getting
>written to the XCD_START.LOG file.
>
>DMSYN: m0syndec - unable to write to syn row= 8
>DMSYN: m0syndec -                  synmd num= 52
>
>The disk isn't full, permissions appear to be okay and I haven't changed
>anything since it was last working, so do you have any suggestions as to what
>might be wrong?

I don't know what is going on, but I have now seen this on more than one
Linux box running XCD.  I am attemtping to troubleshoot a problem related
to dmsyn.k on another user's RedHat 8.0 Linux box.  Perhaps his problem
(which looks like a malloc-related one) and yours will prove to be the
same thing.

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed Oct 30 17:30:52 2002

Okay...  thanks for letting me know.