20020822: Problems with McIDAS IMGFILT batch file (cont.)

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

Robert,

I got a chance to look at the image filtering problem that you are
experiencing, and I came up with a workaround to get you going.

Try the following:

REM First make a local copy of an input image
IMGCOPY NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 SIZE=ALL
IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 14 STA=TWX MAG=-4 EU=BREF24 SF=YES

REM Next, create a filter mask from the input file
IMGFILT MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 FILTER=CORE
110 110 255 0 SIZE=ALL
LWU POKE AREA3000 0 59
IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 15 STA=TWX MAG=-4 EU=IMAGE SF=YES

REM Finally, mask an image with the filter just created
IMGFILT NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 FILTER=DIS 0
25 5 1 255 0 SIZE=ALL
LWU POKE AREA3001 0 59
IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 16 STA=TWX MAG=-4 EU=BREF24 SF=YES

You will notice that an LWU POKE is done after each IMGFILT operation
on the output AREA file that IMGFILT creates.

The problem is that the headers of the AREAs created by the filtering
operations incorrectly have an entry that says that the images have an
AUXiliary block and that the AUX block is in the same location in the
image as the CAL block.  The LWU POKE operation is simply changing the
AREA header word that indicates the location of the AUX block
to zero indicating that there is not AUX block.

I must add that this appears to be a bug in IMGFILT that will have to
be found and understood fully before it can be fixed.  I originally
thought that the bug might be in my GINI ADDE server, but this would
not explain why the improper setting of header word 59 (zero based)
would happen on the second filtering operation.  In any case, the
changes I sent along should get you going.

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Aug 23 11:28:56 2002
>Subject: Re:20020822: Problems with McIDAS IMGFILT batch file (cont.)

Thanks Tom, I really appreciate it.  After looking
at it again I figured LWU POKE would have to come in
there somewhere but I am just not familair enough with it.

Thanks again,
Robert