20020821: Problems with McIDAS IMGFILT batch file

>From: "Robert Mullenax" <address@hidden>

Robert,

I will set aside some time to look at the problem you are seeing, but it
will have to wait for a couple of days.  I can answer your last question
here, however:

>Why the difference in the Unidata 6K and 1K?

The 1K product is in GINI format, so accessing it goes through the
GINI ADDE server where I added code to synthesize a CAL block.  The
6K image, on the other hand, is an AREA created from a GRID.  I thought
I added an AUX block to this image using PRDUTIL, but I may not be
remembering exactly what I did correctly.

I will run through the tests you have indicated to see what I can see.

>I am having problems using the FILTER.BAT batch file that
>we put together at the Unidata McIDAS session.  Just to refresh
>your memory, it's purpose is to mask out echos with tops
>5kft or less using IMGFILT.  I made a 1KM NET composite using
>nex2gini and a 1km N0R composite and then modified the script
>appropriately.  Below is the original test script using
>N0R data to filter itself:
>
>REM First make a local copy of an input image
>IMGCOPY NEXRCOMP/6KN0R-NAT MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 SIZE=ALL
>IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 14 EU=BREF24 SF=YES
>
>REM Next, create a filter mask from the input file
>IMGFILT MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 MYDATA/IMAGES.2000 MYDATA/IMAGES.3000
>FILTER=CORE 110 110 255 0 SIZE=ALL
>IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 15 EU=IMAGE SF=YES
>
>REM Finally, mask an image with the filter just created
>IMGFILT NEXRCOMP/6KN0R-NAT MYDATA/IMAGES.3000 MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 FILTER=DIS
>0 255 1 255 0 SIZE=ALL
>IMGDISP MYDATA/IMAGES.3001 16 EU=BREF24 SF=YES
>
>When I try to use the script using either 1km N0R composite
>I get from Unidata (through ADDE) or one I make myself, the
>last IMGFILT command exits with this error:
>IMGFILT: Cal not present
>
>You can test this for yourself by taking the above script
>and changing 6KN0R to 1KN0R.
>
>If I do an IMGLIST on the two I do see a difference in the cal:
>
>IMGLIST NEXRCOMP/6KN0R-NAT FORM=EXP .. shows calibration=768
>and
>IMGLIST NEXRCOMP/1KN0R-NAT FORM=EXP ..shows calibation=0
>
>Do I need to use IMGCHA in some manner after I create my
>1KM nex2gini composite?  Why the difference in the Unidata 6K
>and 1K?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

Tom