20020607: GOES oversampling in element direction (cont.)

>From: Darren Gallant <address@hidden>

Darren,

>Thanks,
>
>Is sounder data displayed by individual bands or with certain bands
>combined?

You always display McIDAS images by individual band.  You can create
products using multiple bands using IMGOPER.  The output of IMGOPER
is an image containing a single "band", so it is displayable by
IMGDISP without having to specify the BAND= keyword.

>I assume the MAG keyword requires integer arguments.

Yes.  The MAG= keyword results in a sampling of the original image if
the MAG= values are <=1.  For blow-ups (MAG= values greater than 1), the
original pixels are replicated.  The integral values of MAG=, therefore,
specify either the sampling interval or replication factor.

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Jun  7 09:28:16 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020607: GOES oversampling in element direction (cont.)

Thanks,

Undata Support has been very helpful as usual.

Thanks again.

Darren

Darren R. Gallant               UCAR/JOSS
Programmer/Technician           Joint OfFice Of Science Support
303-497-2634                    P.O. Box 3000
address@hidden                Boulder,CO 80307-30000