20020528: McIDAS on Windows/VmWare (cont.)

>From:  "Charles H. Murphy" <address@hidden>

Charlie,

A couple of quick things:

o I further modified upcguiprocs.tcl to better support generation of
  lists of enhancements (this was the problem area before).  I also
  updated the file that contains the list of known enhancements, EU.CORE.
  The upgrade procedure is as before (repeated for the tracking system:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.8/src
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your_email_address
  cd pub/mcidas/src
  binary
  get upcguiprocs.tcl
  cd ../data
  lcd ../data
  get EU.CORE
  quit

  After transferring the files, make sure that the link between them and
  the installed versions are the same:

  <still in mcidas7.8/src>
  ls -alt upcguiprocs.tcl ~/bin/upcguiprocs.tcl
  cd ../data
  ls -alt EU.CORE ~/data/EU.CORE

  Since the files were FTPed to the correct directories, the links should
  still be valid

o to forceably bring up the GUI startup of Unidata McIDAS, you type:

  mcidas config

  If this doesn't bring up the GUI startup, I will end up scratching a
  hole in my head :-(

Later...

Tom

>From address@hidden Wed May 29 07:15:27 2002
>Subject: Re: 20020528: McIDAS on Windows/VmWare (cont.)

Hi Tom,

I made the updates for upcguiprocs.tcl and EU.CORE,
also I started mcidas as "mcidas config" and it brought up
the config widget.

Its working great.  I'll keep you informed if I discover bugs and
quirks.

Thanks alot.

Charlie