20020329: National Mosaic Radar, and image display of grids ( cont.)

>From: "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>

Brian (with CC to Paul),

>Thanks for all the info Tom!  I tried running your McBasi and it's croaking
>when it tries to do the IMGREMAP of TOPO/GLOB, is TOPO/GLOB a topography map
>or something?

TOPO is a dataset of topographic images.  TOPO/GLOB is a full earth
topography image in MERCator projection.  The AREA file that represents
this image, AREA9000, can also be found in the pub/mcidas/data
directory of anonymous FTP on our FTP server.  To use this image, do
the following:

o FTP AREA9000 to a directory in your MCPATH -- use binary mode!
o create the TOPO/GLOB dataset:

  DSSERVE ADD TOPO/GLOB AREA 9000 9000  "Global (Mercator)

I have a set of topographic AREA files in different projections that
I use to populate the TOPO dataset.  I can make these available if you
are interested.

After you have a TOPO/GLOB dataset, CFILLCLP should work as expected.

Tom

>From address@hidden Fri Mar 29 09:29:33 2002
>To: "'Unidata Support'" <address@hidden>,
>   "Batson, Bryan" <address@hidden>
>Cc: Wahner Paul Contr CSR4500 <address@hidden>,
>   "MUG Help Desk (E-mail)" <address@hidden>,
>   "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>,
>   Herring Harold Contr CSR4500 <address@hidden>,
>Subject: RE: 20020327: About This National Mosaic Radar Image (cont.)

Tom,

Thanks for all the good suggestions. I was able to get the decode of the
RCM's to work. I only had to make one other change in NOGRIB.CFG. I had an
entry in this file starting with "0", which I had to comment out. Now it's
happily decoding the data. I've been playing with GRDIMG and different
enhancements. Thanks for sharing your enhancements and the mcbasi script. I
will give these a try as well.

Paul Wahner
MIDDS Systems Engineer/ Meteorologist
CSR 4500, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
address@hidden
(Com) 321.853.8184 (Fax) 321.853.8291
(DSN) 467.8184