20010921: New Server at Plymouth State

>From: Jim Koermer <address@hidden>

Jim,

>I haven't gotten back to you on bringing in the other NOAAPORT data on
>our new server via LDM for McIDAS because we have had two of the six
>hard drive fail on this new system(pscwx) in recent weeks. I think the
>Fujitsu plant must have produced a bad batch of drives (used by Dell)
>for our RAID system and we unfortunately got them. We replaced one just
>a few weeks ago and another went bad this week.  We should be getting a
>replacement for that one on Monday. We did have the system well backed
>up, so we should be able to have a full recovery.

Bad luck indeed!

>I'm still worried about the remaining Fujitsu drives. If we get another
>failure, we're going to demand that Dell replace all of them.

I agree with you.  I would do the same.

>When we are back up and stable, I'll start pumping much of the NOAAPORT
>data into that machine for McIDAS and let you know how it goes.

OK.  Thanks for keeping me informed.

On another note, after rediscovering my login information for snow the other
day I logged on and updated the McIDAS installation to my latest release.
I meant to let you know about this the same day, but I just plain forgot.

Tom