20010830: grddisp contouring (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

>First of all thatnk you so much for the help using the McIDAS string
>command.  That worked great.

Super!

>Instead of placing all the numbers you
>want to contour, can you just contour greater than a certain number
>or should I just make a string that would contain a lot of possible
>values?????

The string use approach dictates that you specify exactly which contour
lines you want.  There is no formalism (that I am aware of) that would
allow you to specify that you want contours for values between some
min and max values.

>I will be using the power keyword with a value of 5 to
>help scale the values of absolute vorticity, which are to the -4 and -
>3 to values that are no longer floating point values.

Sounds good.

>Thanks for you
>help, In really appreciate then help and the extremely fast response.

You are welcome.  Did you give CFILLCLP a whirl?  You ought to try it out
at least once to get an idea of what is possible.

Tom