20010827: McIDAS XCD decoders (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Dave,

Well, I really thought that what I ran into yesterday should lead me to
a solution to your XCD decoding problem, but it hasn't.  What I don't
understand is the discrepance between the date reflected in the daily
spool files (2001240, *.XCD) and the date of the data being decoded by
XCD (typically 2001139).  This makes no sense to me.

Are GEMPAK decoders working correctly?  The reason I ask this is that
it is almost as though the surface data that is being received is for
yesterday (I doubt this, by the way).  I almost stopped the LDM and
deleted its queue last night, but I decided that I needed to find out
from you if anything else on twister is odd.

Tom