20010417: old, unanswered question mcidas & derive

>From: Bill Fingerhut <address@hidden>

Bill,

I was cleaning out a mailbox when I discovered this question you asked
way back in April.  Sorry that I never responded!

>Although we are still using ver 7.6 of mcidas-x, I was
>just checking out changes in 7.7 and noticed that
>RAOBCON gained support for several thermodynamic variables
>(mix, tha, thae). However, GRDCOPY ver 7.7 can not 'derive'
>these quantities. Will this be in 7.8?

GRDCOPY and GRDDISP both have MATH= capabilities, but I don't think
that it supports the access to subroutines that do calculations like
THETA/THETAE.  It seems to me that this shouldn't be that hard.  I
will check into adding it to the 7.8 version of GRDCOPY/GRDDISP.

Sorry that this query got lost...

Tom