20010427: higher resolution global composite IR images (cont.)

>From: Edward Hindman <address@hidden>

>On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Unidata Support wrote:

Ward,

re: using ALOOP to do a loop of more than 5 images
>There are seven files from 00Z to 21Z (image every 3-hrs) in the
>mcidas/data/ directory.

Aha!  That is the problem.  ALOOP has a concept of a limit of how long
it will look back in time to get images.  This is controlled with the
LIMIT= keyword:

     LIMIT= maximum time limit between images in loop. Entered as
            whole hours (default=12)

You can see that the LIMIT to look back in time is 12 hours.  So, images
older than 12 hours from the current time will be ignored no matter how
many frames you ask for in a loop.  You can change your "window" as follows:

ALOOP 2350 2370 1 20 LIMIT=60

This assumes that the images in AREA file numbers 2350 through 2370 are
all of the same type, etc.

>I just built the loop in the following manner:
>
>ALOOP 2350 2353 1 4
>ALOOP 2354 2357 5 4
>LB 1 8
>DR 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 10
>
>It works!

The easier way is:

ALOOP 2350 2357 1 8 LIMIT=24
LB 1 8
DR 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 10

re: login info for wxnut

Thanks.

>Thanks for the IMGREMAP advice.  We'll give it a go.

OK.  I had success in my email to SSEC regarding a more useful global
IR composite image that is freely available.  Here is the information
I received back from SSEC with respect to the global Mollweide IR and
WV images that are in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream: