20010417: McIDAS - X system config

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

Patrick,

>we are buying 24 new computers for a lab here at UNI.  Just a question
>about the 3-button mouse for use with McIDAS, will the Microsoft
>Intellimouse with scroll work?

We have used the Microsoft Intellimouse successfully during workshops
running McIDAS-X on PCs running Solaris x86.  I just checked the
functionality of the MS Intellimouse with McIDAS-X on one of our RedHat
6.2 Linux systems and it works correctly there also.

>Will McIDAS recognize the scroll button as the third button?

Solaris x86 and Linux treat the scroll button as mouse button two (the
middle mouse button).  The left button and right button will act just
as if the mouse was a three button mouse.  McIDAS just follows the OS
in mouse button use.

>Thanks for your help.

You are welcome.

Tom Yoksas