20010404: New NEXRAD products in NOAAPORT (cont.)

>From: Russ Dengel <address@hidden>

Russ,

re: new NEXRAD products

>Yup, I had asked Jerry to scan for new products. He thought that N1R was
>one of the original products. We do have N1R for most of the stations.

Excellent.

By the way, the problem with the MIX plotting from RAOBxxxx(via PTDISP/PTCON)
is caused by incorrect definition of MIX in the context files RAOBCON.CORE
and RAOBPLOT.CORE:

The entry:

MIX    UNIT=G/KG \
       FORMAT=F5.2 \
       MATH='RMIX(P1,P2)'\
       IRAB='P1=T[K]' 'P2=P[HPA]' \
       RAOB='P1=T[K]' 'P2=P[HPA]'

should be:

MIX    UNIT=G/KG \
       FORMAT=F5.2 \
       MATH='RMIX(P1,P2)'\
       IRAB='P1=TD[K]' 'P2=P[HPA]' \
       RAOB='P1=TD[K]' 'P2=P[HPA]'

I just finished generating and resolving an inquiry (11257) for this.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Tom

Unidata Support wrote:

> By the way, the problem with the MIX plotting from RAOBxxxx(via PTDISP/PTCON)
> is caused by incorrect definition of MIX in the context files RAOBCON.CORE
> and RAOBPLOT.CORE:

     D'OH