20010402: building a new CIRCLE and running BAR (cont.)

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Randy,

>thanks Tom. Success!

Very good.  I also built a new executable with the source you sent along.
Can you tell me exactly what the new version of circle.pgm had that the
previous one didn't?  It will help me decide if I want to replace the
existing one in my distribution with the new one.   Thanks...

>Thank you also with help with BAR.
>
>One more question about BAR. Can i control the "thickness" of the labels.
>I can control the size using: BAR COL=7 SU=IRTEMP LIN=10 LSI=8

If you mean the thickness and length of the bar itself (and not the
width of the labels of the bar), then you will need to use the
POS.ITION= keyword:

C ?    POSition=CUR  | draws bar that fills cursor at its current location
C ?            =line ele short long | user-specified location and size, where:
C ?                line  - starting TV line (def=computed)
C ?                ele - starting TV element (def=computed)
C ?                short - length, in pixels, of the bar's short axis
C ?                        (def=computed)
C ?                long  - length, in pixels, of the bar's long axis
C ?                        (def=computed)

The second form (=line ele short long) is asking for specifications of
the upper left corner of the BAR and the thickness and length of the bar.

Please let me know if you had something else in mind.

Tom