20010329: Unidata application installation at Valparaiso (cont.)

>From: Simon Kissler <address@hidden>

Simon,

>I am not really concerned with the use of the MCGUI quite yet. I think
>they will have their hands full with what's in the f-key menu and at least
>one of their lab machines is happier not running too much in x-windows
>anyways and seemed a bit unstable when i tried MCGUI on it.

OK.

>Once again showing my ignorance, so I'm going to try to put this in
>simpler terms:
>The next addendum to MCIDAS will include ADDE'ized versions of the
>Cross-Sections in the "Upper Air Data" category but not the "Model
>Output" (is that how GRID data aligns or am I missing the boat here ?)

Absolutely correct.  The same routine, UACROSS, was designed to be
able to do vertical cross sections for both observational and gridded
data, but it has too many problems with the gridded data right now
to switch the Fkey menu to use it.

>Thanks for your help.

Talk to you later...

Tom