20001221: netCDF files and mcidas 7.7 (cont.)

>From: Rob Petrini <address@hidden>

Rob, et. al.,

I have finally freed up some time to look into your long ignored request;
I apologize for the excessive delay.

Yesterday I successfully read in data from a simple netCDF grid file.
Later tonight I will try to find the grids you refer to and see if
I can come up with an configuration file that allows their read.

Since I don't recognize the files you referred to:

ncdc_lo_precip.nc
slp.2000.nc
t0n155w_dy.nc

can you tell me exactly where/how you got them.

Thanks in advance.

>I am trying to read netCDF files in Mcidas 7.7.
>
>My initial tests on a sample file generated at BoM was unsatisfactory.
>In consultation with Jeff Wilson, an email was sent to Unidata.
>
>I next tried reading some of Unidata's sample netCDF files
>(ncdc_lo_precip.nc, slp.2000.nc, t0n155w_dy.nc) I progressed further,
>and finally succumbed to an " grid type /map name" error.
>
>Question: Where is the grid/map details needed? In the config file or
>is it a part of the netCDF file generated?
>
>ncBrowser revealed no light when I inspected the sample netCDF files,
>other than lat, long, time, variables, attributes. This did not help
>either when included in the config file.
>
>Can you please provide a configuration file for the sample netcDF files
>that are available for download.
>
>I have attached a config file and a Mcidas trace file that resulted
>from one of my tests.
>
>Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your reply or any advice
>that you could offer.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rob Petrini
>
>--
>Rob Petrini                 | Bureau of Meteorology,
>address@hidden        | 150 Lonsdale St,
>Facsimile (061-03)-96694128 | Phone (061-03)-96694391
>AIFS Team                   | http://www.bom.gov.au

Tom Yoksas