20010212: request for access to RedHat 5.2 Linux for testing

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Bob,

I have recently discovered a problem in serving sounding data via
McIDAS ADDE on Linux systems.  The systems that I have run into the
problem on are RedHat 6.2 and 7.0.  In order to determine if this
problem has existed for a long time, but never came to light because
the particular circumstances of the failure, I need to run some tests
on an earlier release of RedHat Linux, say 5.2.  Since you are the only
site I know of that is still running RH 5.2, I am writing to you for
help.

Would you consider giving me login access to your RH 5.2 system
(met-05) so I can run some tests?  I would need login to the 'mcidas'
account and briefly as 'root' (root is needed to install the remote
ADDE server).  The easiest way to provide both would be to give me a
login in which I have sudo privilege (so I can become 'mcidas' or
'root' at will).

I would _greatly_ appreciate this access if you are willing.  I would
certainly understand if you would rather not.  In either case, I thank
you for at least considering granting me access.

Tom Yoksas