20010201: update of NEXR ADDE servers for NWS FTP NIDS produc ts (cont.)

>From: "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>

Brian,

>Thanks for the reply/expanation Tom!

No problem.

>As for the tar file ... the last one I picked up DID have nexradir.cp and
>nexraget.cp in it.  At least I think it did?

One incarnation of the tar file that you FTPed was missing new versions
of nexraget.cp and nexradir.cp.  The reason I know this is that SSEC picked
up the same file and sent me an email noting that those files were missing.

>The one I pulled down is dated Jan. 22, is this okay??

I can't tell you for sure as that file was deleted right after I found
out that I had left out nexradir.cp and nexraget.cp.  It would be best
if you regrabbed the code as I outlined in my last emamil:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd ~/mcidas7.704
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your_email_address
  cd pub/mcidas
  binary
  get nexrad.tar.Z
  quit
zcat nexrad.tar.Z | tar xvf -
cd src
make nexradir nexraget

<verify that the newly built versions of nexradir and nexraget are
linked to the ~mcidas/bin directory>

Tom