20010131: upgrading McIDAS-X/XCD at cod.edu

>From: "David B. Bukowski" <address@hidden>

David,

>was wondering if you could assist in upgrading McIDAS tot he newer version
>out there.  I just don't want to go thru the headache I did last time
>where I got it almost all up and running...  But not quite with the MDX
>files not going where they were supposed to :)

I can help out, but you may not need any.  What I need to know is if you
are upgrading an existing 7.7 distribution (questions from Paul Sirvatka
seem to indicate this) or are upgrading from something like 7.6.  If
you are simply doing an addendum upgrade, then the process is painless
and should take only a few minutes.  Please let me know which avenue
you are going down.

>If you cant remember your
>logon onto weather.cod.edu --> picard.cod.edu (behind the firewall) Tom,
>I'll send the info to you again if I have ur email address again... Don't
>forget to use SSH on port 443 of weather.cod.edu then normal ssh to picard
>from there...

Let's cross this one when I know (or am reminded) a little more about what
you are trying to do.

>(just let me know ur progress on this)

Tom