20010119: update of NEXR ADDE servers for NWS FTP NIDS products (cont.)

>From: "Hoeth, Brian" <address@hidden>

Brian,

>Just tried to do this on our test machine over here and when I do the make
>part I get the error:
>
>"Make.  Don't know how to make nexradir.  Stop."
>
>I did the make from /home/mcidas/mcidas7.7/src ... but, we're running 7.704
>on our test machine, so should I run this from /home/mcidas/mcidas7.704/src?

Oops, yes.  My mistake was caused by the different ways that SSEC and I
do our updates.  I keep the source directory at the primary version
number (for my users, this would be 7.7 ->mcidas7.7).  Current SSEC
Fastracks are actually full updates to the distribution, so their
source directory changes with each Fastrack (Fastrack 7.704 ->
mcidas7.704).  Sorry for misleading you.  The instructions I gave you
are what my sites would do.

>Your email seemed to indicate that I shouldn't?

Here are the updated instructions that relate to dealing with the SSEC
Fastrack 7.704:

<login as 'mcidas'>
cd mcidas7.704
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> your_full_email_address
  cd pub/mcidas
  binary
  get nexrupdate.tar.Z
  get nexrupdate.list
  quit
zcat nexrupdate.tar.Z | tar xvf -
cd src
make nexradir nexraget
<verify that the newly built versions of nexradir and nexraget are
linked to the ~mcidas/bin directory>

By the way, I found a bug in servutil.c after I put together the
updated sources that you grabbed.  The bug would cause a failure in an
IMGLIST xxxxx/yyyyy ID=LIST when there were directories to be searched
(by virtue of the DIRMASK= mask) that contained no data files.

Example:

Nexrad files are to be found matching:

/data/mcidas/nexrad/\ID/\PROD/\PROD_*

Directory /data/mcidas/nexrad/GUA/N0R exists but contains no data files.

I put a revised nexrupdate.tar.Z file out in the same FTP directory as
indicated above for you to grab.

Cheers!

Tom