20010118: Labeling in McIDAS; frame image dates/times; SFCPLOT

>From: "Paul L. Sirvatka" <address@hidden>

Paul,

Sorry I havn't gotten back to you sooner, but I am still at the AMS
meeting in Albuquerque.

> Actually a few questions...
>
>1st I want to write a string with the output of the DATELIST command. How
>do I do that? In other words, I would like to label an image with the date
>in the form I wish it to be.

Check out the FRMLABEL command.  It will probably do exactly what you
are looking for.

>2nd Are the satellite times in the text at the bottom of the image in
>strings anywhere or is there a way to gleen that info. I would like to
>relabel the satellite images too.

The dates and times for things that are displayed are contained in the
frame directory.  The contents of McIDAS frames can be listed using the
FRMLIST command.

>3rd Does the new SFCPLOT command allow to do pressure falls?

The new SFCPLOT command runs almost exactly the same way as the old
SPC command:

SFCPLOT T-T map TM1-TM2...

Tom